Friday, December 5, 2008

Resilience : Is it curse for Mumbai??

The other day when I heard Shoba De saying that we should stop using that word resilience for Mumbai, I couldn't have agreed more with her. Its just a word which has been used for Mumbai to give a false impression of being something extra-ordinary. But that's not the truth. We all Human are Resilient by nature. There is no city, no human which hasn't been resilient. Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Pearl Harbour, Nanking, Germany, Bhopal, Kaluchowk, Ramapur, Guwahati... Can we say all these cities/places just vanished?? They are there and so will be we (if not mowed down by fire/bullets/speeding car)... The word Resilient has been used for Mumbai because Mumbaikar doesn't have a choice.. We need to move on.. One day if we bring things to halt, the economy halts.. And it effects the fire at the kitchen.. And all of us first look to secure our hunger and then our goals.. I know this might evoke some responses, but exceptions are always there in rules. And Mumbai is paying huge price for the stigma of the word called Resilience... My heart goes for Mumbai when I saw the goriuos event for 60 non-stop hours.. I never woke up so early in morning (except for India playing cricket  down-under ) daily those 2 days to check what happened... To be very honest more than the concern the first day was curiosity to see what happened.. But from second day afternoon, the anger in me to see those in-human being shot to dead had caught up.. Just want to see that Breaking news clipping : All Terrorist shot dead... It came little late but it did came.. And I was feeling happy.. as if India won a match.. then the feeling start sinking, what did we won exactly?? Someone comes to my home and kill my family members and then I kill him and claim victory?? Is that a victory? Was Kargil a victory where we lost Kalia's, Batra's, Nair's.. Why do we end up pushing those brave men in such situation where they have to fight in their own land or inside the homeland.. why are we not nipping the problem(s) in the bud?? What are we afraid of?..
Well, its late in friday evening and I need to pack up... 

No comments: